*Microsoft Entourage 2008 for Mac screenshots are listed at the very bottom.
Step by step directions:
* choose Tools
* choose Account Settings
* choose the Email tab
* click on your email account to highlight it
* choose Change
* enter Your Name (whatever you want to appear on your messages)
* enter E-mail Address ([yourfirstname]@DOMAINNAME.com)
* choose POP3 as the Account Type
* incoming and outgoing mail servers are both mail. DOMAINNAME.com
* enter User Name ([yourfirstname]+DOMAINNAME.com – notice the plus sign)
* enter Password: [whatever it is]
* check "Remember password"
* make sure "Logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)" is NOT checked
* choose More Settings
* go to the Outgoing Server tab
* check "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication"
* choose "Use same settings as my incoming mail server"
You will fill in these fields with the info provided:
Mail Server Username: YOURFIRSTNAME+DOMAINNAME.com (Check with your webmail provider to see if they use a + or an @. We use a + here.
Incoming Mail Server: mail.DOMAINNAME.com
Outgoing Mail Server: mail.DOMAINNAME.com (server requires authentication)
CLICK: [More Settings . . . ]
Take note if your email provider uses a different Outgoing server port. We use port 2626.
Setting up Outlook to work with your webmail or internet service provider should now be complete!
Setting up POP3 email on Entourage 2008 for Mac: